Do I need to consult with a lawyer in my country or Turkey?
Actually it is not necessary as Belek Properties in-house lawyer does all the transactions.But if customers still want to hire a lawyer, we can help for a bilingual lawyer.
Do I personally need to be present to sign the title deeds on completion?
We always advise clients to arrange a Power of Attorney so that our lawyer can sign on your behalf.
Once your title deed application is sent back from Izmir Army Headquarters lawyer sign the documents and register the property under your name. Can also pay for the settlement fee, do electric and water registrations under your name which are all compulsory.
What is the purchasing procedure in Turkey?
The process of purchasing a property in Turkey is far simpler than many Europian countries. Due to the law
change in 2003, the foreigners are given the status of legal personality to purchase land and property in Turkey.
And when the time comes to sell, the proceeds can be transferred out of Turkey. The Step by Step Buying Procedure is as follows;Once you purchase a property and sign the sales contract and have done the first payment, we have to apply to the Army Headquarter in Izmir to get approvement that the property is not in the army zone. ( This process is a must but also a formality for double check because the construction permit has been already given by local government and it can not be in army zone ). At this stage, we will need your passport photocopy, your mother’s and father’s name. The process of approval takes approximatelly 3 months.
To proceed with the legal procedure, we will need the following,
1. A notary authorisetion given to a person representing Belek Properties
>>>This document must be arranged in Turkish, comprise authorisation “to buy” property , paying taxes, doing electric-water registration transactions on behalf of the buyer in the territory of Antalya/Turkey.There must be an official sworn translator present in the notary to translate the document verbally in the buyers language. For the transactions, we need the original hard copy of this document.If the buyer does not come to Turkey, then he has to go to Turkish Consulate who can officially act as a notary, get the authorisation and send them to us via a reputable parcel service such as UPS. If the buyer will get the authorisation prepared at a Turkish Consulate, we will need to inform them about ID details of the representative of our company , full adress of the particular property before hand. For notary transactions, the buyer needs to have 2 passport pictures.
2. Turkish tax number >>> To get a Turkish tax number which is necessary to have a Turkish bank account as well, buyer has to provide us original passport and father’s-mother’s name.If the buyer does not come to Turkey, he has to go to bank in his country, ask them to have a bank account in Belek-Serik branch, then the bank will get a Turkish tax number for him. Then the buyer has to inform us about the tax number.
3. 6 passport pictures
If there are more than one person wanting to be on the title deed, all the above documents must be provided for each person.
We, as Belek Properties , charge our customers for only the costs of the transactions such as title deed application fee, taxes to be paid to local government and transaction fees. We deal with all the paperwork and transactions without any profit and it is a part of our customer service. Here is the steps we follow:
1. During the construction and when we convert the title deed from a plot deed into unit deed and get title deed of each unit on the name of the contractor.
2. We send the documents of application to Army Headquarter in Izmir.
3. When the application is approved, we can start title deed process anytime depending on the stage of the construction and payment schedule. When getting the title deed issued on the buyer’s name, we pay sales tax on his behalf.
4. After the title deed is issued on the buyer’s name and copletion of the construction is approved by local government’s authorised offices, we pay settlement fee on buyer’s behalf, get electric and water transfered to his/her name
All the above mentioned transactions and paperwork are executed by Belek Properties lawyer .
Do I own the land the apartment is situated on?
Yes. Once you buy a property in Turkey, you also own a share of the plot that it is located on according to size of your property. A foreigner who bought a property in Turkey has same rights as Turkish citizens including right of selling, renting and bequeathing.
Must I arrange my own notary in Turkey as I have no idea who to use?
By Turkish law, a notary within whose jurisdiction the property is located must be used. There are many notaries in the region and Belek Properties will assist you with your notary transactions.